Friday, February 16, 2007

No worries mate

Just listened to an interview on the BBC news website.

Headline is "Drunk Aussie attacks a shark"

It's really funny, check it out if you can.
He was down by the jetty and after "a few drinks followed by another few drinks". There were people trying to catch some squid but a bronze whaler shark was hanging around and messing with their floats.
He then got some guys to lure the shark into shallower water, stripped off his strides and got into the sea.
"I climbed down a ladder and moved towards the shallows until I could touch the bottom. I got to titty height then made a lunge and grabbed him by the tail"
He then managed to get back to the ladder, haul up the shark and toss it into the crowd of fishermen and on-lookers.
"They're good eatin so I asked if anyone had a knife so I could kill it and bleed it, this one bloke gave me a knife the size of half a match................" and so on until the radio interviewer said he had run out of time and had to end the show.

Shades of "That's amazing" with Carl Hooper. Fast Show fans should remember.

1 comment:

GG said...

I really don't miss Aussie men when I hear stories like that. The poor shark.

The Fast Show is one of my faves of all time. This story could also be summed up by the inimitable Rowley Birkin QC: I'm afraid I was very, very drunk.