Sunday, February 25, 2007

Funny shaped balls

First of all, well done to GG, Sassy and Lynn for knowing the formula which explains how "Beer goggles" work.
Also to Dive for a great Bill Bryson job on Ame & Bear and their trip to our green and pleasant land. (except for the twat who made off with Ames bag), we can only apologise for certain elements of the population and hope it didn't spoil their trip too much.

As for the funny shaped balls, yesterday was not the best for me. My beloved Tigers, (Leicester rugby club), lost to Northampton, our local rivals from down the road, thus ending a 33 game un-beaten run at Welford road (our home ground). We are top of the league and playing well, they are one place off the bottom and struggling, so we stood no chance. Last good run we had was un-beaten at home for over 50 games, which was ended in 2002 by, you guessed it, bloody Northampton. C'est la vie. Fair play to them, and with any luck it will give us a boost for the rest of the season. I just booked tickets for the Premiership final at Twickenham in May so we had better get there.

England fared no better at Croke Park with a worthy and record breaking Irish victory by 43 points to 13. Bugger, that will cost me a quid and 10 minutes of ritual humiliation on Monday from my Irish mate. At least the Sweaties and the Welsh also lost. Apologies to old K if he reads this.

I was looking forward to this weekends rugby fest as I have spent the last few weeks working late and trying to turn sows ears into show cars fit for the Geneva Motor Show. I love tight deadlines but this was as close as I want to get. We got finished Saturday lunchtime so I also missed my early breakfast at the coffee shop with Dive. Can't post any piccies yet cos it's confidential until press day but will try to do something for petrol heads in a couple of weeks and put up some pics of some of my babies from the last couple of years.

I'm off to Belgium next Monday for a week of wonderful test work on new paint systems and technologies. What a life I lead. I hope I get my reward and manage to blag a trip to Japan or Bushville later this year to "help the dealer network to keep our cars nice and shiny for the customers"!
Belgium is o.k as we usually manage to get to Brussels and Antwerp for a few beers during the week and the restaurants are really good over there so I get the opportunity to eat unusual stuff again. Had curry ice cream, frogs legs and bison last time, although not all on the same plate. They also get through a lot of horses milk !!!! maybe I'll give it a go...... or maybe nay.
There is a carrot museum in Belgium so I will try to find out where that is and I will try get some piccies of the stunning architecture in the main squares in both cities.
Can't promise to be up to the standards set by some people but there are touchy, feeley, rubby brass plaques and Le Mannequin Pisse, who has different costumes depending on the time of year. He was once dressed as Elvis with the white jump suit and rhinestones, honest!!

Ja manekes. God bless the phlegm's.

4 comments:

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Wow what a sporty chappie you are indeed. Can only be matched by your bro's qualification as a guitar chappie to us. You men obviously find something you love and run with it (see what i did there, the rugby ref. Oops and again there. I'm flying. Yay once more! I try, i try. Oh dear God let me stop).

Can you just imagine, though, Full, how insufferable your dear brother will be if you get that business trip to Japan? Life for you will not be worth living! After an ungainly scrum (oops), you'll at least be given a huge empty suitcase to go with, avec instructions to be filled with all manner of Sushi and if i'm not mistaken, a tiny Japanese lady if she is so willing to be tackled (arrrgh) into travelling in that way. My advice is to avoid that penalty (dear God) and tell him it's to Brussels, whatever the result. Your secret's safe with me.

Full said...

Yellow card for you Lynn, 10 minutes in the sin bin to think about what you have done.
I also have some koi in my pond. Alas not from Japan but Israel. (It's not so far for them to swim I suppose)
Dive named them all Bob for reasons he has no doubt explained in the past.
And yes, he can coax the odd tune from a guitar, the git!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Ah yes the BOB theory. I know it well, though i did not succumb. Mine are named Dave and Humphrey. Not posh Koi but common or garden fairground goldies. I can also coax a tune from my guitar. No, seriously, it's only one.

Sassy Sundry said...

Yahoo! I get QI points!

Post pictures from your Belgian adventure.