Sunday, December 30, 2007

Up the river

This years Christmas river trip was a subdued affair as most of the usual suspects were absent for one reason or another.
We carried on regardless and it became five drunks in a boat.

Just around the first bend in the river is a nice view of Beccles church. This is quite unusual as the tower has been built separately from the church and only has clocks on three sides. The side facing the river doesn't have a clock as the land was considered unusable for anything other than growing marshes and damp things so why put a clock on it.

I though I would join Dive on the wobbly water pics crusade.
The sun was just over the yard arm but looked remarkably low in the sky considering it was only 12:30.


This is what Norfolk looks like.


This is just for Vic.
I saw this and thought of you.


We tried to get some comment from these two but as they were mute swans they just did some contemporary mime and then fucked off.
They did make some more wobbly water.


This is the final destination, The Wherry at Geldeston.
Log fires, good beer and a dartboard, just what we needed.


It was a good trip and we didn't need to break any ice on the river which has happened in the past. We always make the trip whatever the elements throw at us.
Roll on next year.

14 comments:

dive said...

Excellent wobbly water shots.
And I love the sign!

Nice to see the old Wherry again after so many decades. Does Hairy Mary still hang around there?

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

he he i love it Full. Been waiting to see your trip and some drunks in a boat? Nothing more than i'd expect. The wibbly wobbly water behoves me to take some shots myself and join you and Dive in the contest. I'm shamelessly competitive.
The Wherry looks cosy indeed. Hairy Mary? Brrr. Not exactly an advert is she.

Full said...

Last time I saw Hairy Mary was in Bungay a few years ago.
She has big hair. It's on her head, not her back or knuckles.

I can't think of the last time I heard the word "Behoves" Lynn.
It's a good word and I will try to fit it into casual conversation at the next opportunity.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

he he yes Full, you should. Behoves is a good word, ah the old ones are the best. Tell me when and how you've done it, do. lol. That should start off a challenge shouldn't it, putting odd words into conversations you know... God i'm sad...

gosh you gave me quite a start when you said "it's on her head, not ..." i barely dared to look at the next line. Hairy Mary's image suddenly took a turn for the worst in my mind and that's not easy. Shudder.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

So what plans have you for tonight, Full? Racing around the countryside in well known sports cars perhaps? Do tell.

Full said...

New Years Eve is fancy dress around the pubs in Bungay for a bunch of us.
It's something we have done for years and we have a bloody good time.
I am waiting for pics from some of the crew and then I'll post them.
Hope you had a good one.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Sounds fun. Yep good time thanks, even though some of the time i was waitressing and clearing at my friend's hotel. All good fun.

Vic said...

I'd like a Private Dyke, do they come free with the sign?

Cheers for the pic, Full. You made me grin like a fool.

Happy New Year to you!

Full said...

Glad you approve Vic.

Happy new year to you too.

Vic said...

Oi! Full! Where are you? You okay?

Full said...

It's something to do with the Dr Who type regeneration us Gods can do Vic.
I keep disappearing from time to time but I will be back in my new form soon, if Dive will get over here and sort out how to change my picture.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Oooh how exciting. Will it be a real photo of you this time? Hurry back then, i want more news and photos.

Full said...

This is what I look like Lynn.

I'm The Monkey God!!!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

o....k........