Friday, January 11, 2008

New Years Eve

I know it's late but there you go.

These are some of the usual suspects for New Years Eve.
I knew I should have grown a beard and tash instead of trying to stick one on.


Take the above and add lots of these below and similar libation, shake well and release into Bungay for a bloody good night out.
Tequilla slammers with lemon is not the norm but this is Norfolk and the pub didn't have any limes!


This, as I am reliably informed, is Venom. The evil incarnation of Spiderman.
It's actually the drunk incarnation of Eddie.
(He said they were his muscles but we were not so sure)


This is "mutual leaning", a clever manoeuvre to make sure we don't all fall in a heap.


The bloke on the left of the picture below is the senior lecturer in engineering at a local college.
He usually only wears those things on a weekend.


We always have a good laugh and everyone else seems to respond to a bunch of idiots in fancy dress, no matter which pub we go to.
There were fewer people out this year than in past years which was a shame but maybe the smoking ban has something to do with that.
Roll on next year.

8 comments:

dive said...

Our Colin looks like he can definitely roll on next year!
The suit really … er … suits him.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

lol! Great, Full! What fun it all looks i like your wonky moustache in fact, it kind of adds something.

As does...er...Spiderman's um er rather snugly fitting trousers on the first shot. Whaaaaattt? No, i hadn't planned on checking him out so closely but well my eyes were...drawn. I couldn't help it!! Whew it's hot in here isn't it. Couldn't he find somewhere else to keep his packed lunch to save my blushes? ;) Nice one Spiderman. No no i didn't mean .. oh God.

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia,

Came here from Lynn's blog. Mutual leaning? That's an Aussie technique, perfected in Outback pubs after closing time!!

Like the old song, Come On I Lean ....

(you know wot I mean)

Full said...

Eddie a fully fledged "Skipper" and drives a bloody great big rig supply boat Lynn so we only see him evry 4 weeks but I will tell him his lunch box was admired from afar.

Welcome David, hope you are not too warm down there in Oz.
Not that I'm jealous or anything.

I do know what you mean, bless those midnight runners.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I'm still getting over the shock, Full. I need a lie down...

Hi David!!

Fresh Hell said...

Looks like a ripsnorting good time. Much more fun than my New Years Eve which was spent in bed wishing the river of snot would dry up. It wasn't a very glamorous time for me.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Hey Full you should pop over to David's today, you'll see the British inefficiency we sometimes see here, in full evidence. God i'm embarassed and have nothing to do with it! Dive i think will be exasperated too.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

You guys look like a bunch of sissy's --right dive?