Saturday, November 03, 2007

Leafy things


As we have all been waiting for the trees to get with the program and realise it's autumn, I thought I would wait until the sun was out on Thursday and snap the road outside the factory.

I had to rely on my friend Karen to let me know the sun was shining because I don't have any windows in my office. She rang around mid afternoon and by the time I got out it was dull again but I took the picture anyway.

I had a wander around Kett Hall after I had my breakfast coffee with Big Bro this morning.
The gardeners cut small trees from time to time and lay them down to be reclaimed by nature. There are lots of trunks and log piles around the place all becoming interesting with mosses, fungi and all things dark and mysterious.

This is the old path from the side of the Hall which leads down to a small wooden bridge over the top end of the lake. I don't think too many people ever come down here but they should. It's very peaceful and there are all manner of birds and furry creatures wandering around without paying too much attention to me.

This is for Lynn's "who has the best leaves" competition. I tried to count them but all I can say is there are more than 7.

This only makes me want to get a decent camera and not have to use my phone.
The light coming through these leaves would really benefit from some spot exposure and filters. Looked nice at the time though.

This is the old willow which we climb to spot big carp cruising in the summer. Shame the fucking otter killed and ate them all. Looks like we need to shift some more weed.
This would look better with a flash but the moss was nice. Maybe I could nail some of Dive's pigeons to it.

9 comments:

dive said...

Excellent photos, Phil.
And real autumn colours, too.
You'll have to dust off your Nikon and give it some exercise.

Fresh Hell said...

If that's what you can pull off your cell phone, you certainly have an eye.

That willow makes me want to weep.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Even with a phone camera, i have a serious contender here then! Great photos. The dark and mysterious area with fungi and suchlike, brrr don't think i'll go there. Think i've driven up that road outside your place. I really like your shots. I ALWAYS want a better camera by the way. My hankering doesn't stop. At the moment, i'm drooling over the Canon EOS series, maybe 400 oooooooh but it's quite a few pennies... think again....

Full said...

Seasons are a bitch Vic but I prefer spring, summer and a bit of autumn to cold and snow.
I'll just pretend it's hot.

Fresh, I have 2 eyes which is why I just copped for a £500 bill for new glasses. It's expensive being a specky twat.

Lynn, strong with the force that place is.

The EOS is very nice, I used to have a Pentax but changed to Nikon.
It's a bugger trying to make the right choice. I'm not too sure if a digital SLR is the best way to go, or get a good compact with a few goodies and lenses. Ooooooh indeed.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Know what you mean but i'd like the SLR and get back to going completely manual, like i was with film. I miss that, with the more simple point and shoot types. Well ok you can override it but it's not quite the same i think.
The force? Uh? Gone over my head, that one.
I like Nikon too. The newspaper photogs, at least the regional one i write for, favours them.

Full said...

You must have seen The Empire Strikes Back?
With these words, Yoda sends young Skywalker into a dark and mysterious place to test his knowledge of The Force.
I make no apologies for being a Star Wars fan.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

....I'm afraid i haven't. We have the vids on the shelves, my boys have watched it, i've been in the house, but no it hasn't compelled me to sit down and watch that particular one with them. Clueless therefore. Sorry. Neither do i wear doughnuts on my ears. Sorry again. See i do know that much.

mrsnesbitt said...

Gosh these autumn scenes were so similar to what I captured yesterday off the North York Moors.

Gorgeous colours.
D

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

When you get your new camera, i want to know all about it please. I'm reading all about them at the moment. Oh and a pic of it if you buy it (with the phone one). I've had some fun this morning haunting Dive. he he what fun.