Sunday, October 07, 2007

What a shame.......Never mind.

As a life-long rugby freak, with Leicester Tigers and England running through my veins, I would like to take the opportunity for a tiny little gloat.
O.K. so Gloucester beat us at home last night but this was just a bit of payback for them because we rather "stuffed" them in the Premiership Final last May. ( I was there, and it was awesome), and they were the better team, so that's one for Lynn.
The big story here is the exit of both Australia and the All Blacks. (that's New Zealand by the way).
There has been a lot of derogatory talk in the media from various parties within the Australia camp about the current World Champions, ( that's England by the way) but maybe eating a large portion of humble pie will take away the taste of their collective feet in their oversize gobs.

I feel for all the Aussies who get tarred with the same brush because I know quite a few from down under and they are all thoroughly good eggs.

I stick by my prediction that South Africa will win but my heart still says England.
Thanks to the French for coping with the "always peaking too soon" All Blacks who have, yet again not taken the pressure game.
With the Aussies it's over-confidence but New Zealand just didn't react to a fired-up France who were fighting for more than just national pride as they are the hosts for this World Cup.

Anyway, as the Aussies are no longer represented, I though I would celebrate.
I need some help from Kate on this as I'm not too sure what recipe is best for Roo.


I also need the perfect Australian (whine) to go with this. Maybe "shatto Mortlock"? definitely best served cold.
Dive, you are invited next weekend to celebrate one northern hemisphere side's guaranteed passage into the final.
I hope it's us but if not, then "bon chance mes amis" because William Webb Ellis should live north of the equator.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Full where to start?
The World cup, are we talking Rugby or real football here - real football is League played by Andrew Johns. But only cause I'm a Planet Newy Native and I just love perving on the boy.

Kangaroo meat - There's some debate regarding Roo meat. The Western Red stands up better than the Eastern Grey.
For Roo Rump, Pan Fry, Barbeque or Stir Fry for best results.
I've heard its best to soak it in a marinade but you can dry rub it with spices as well.
Cook only to medium rare but no more otherwise it will be tough.

Happy eating, far better than Dive's attrocious attraction to whale meat. :))))))

Full said...

Who do you think supplied Dive with his first taste?
Horse is quite nice, I had that in Belgium, along with all sorts of other weird shite.

Thanks for the tips, I will try a marinade with garlic, chilli, lime & corriander and do a Thai type thing.

Rugby league started when the English northern clubs wanted to turn professional and the original union clubs were strictly amateur.
A breakaway "league" was formed with 13 men per side and different rules to make the game faster.
St Helens, Wigan and Leeds are the top teams over here and I do love watching but my heart belongs to Union.

dive said...

Cool. I'll be there.

As for wine, do you remember Monty Python's Australian wine list?
"Chateau Rod Laver:
A bouquet like an aborigine's armpit.
If the wine doesn't open the Sheila's legs, you can always use the bottle."

I'll see if I can find some in Oddbins and bring it along.

Anonymous said...

You know that face you make when something mildly shocks you?
The oh face.
I'm making it!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Yay!! I beat you i beat you !! Yay. Oh. Sorry. That was really ungracious of me. he he.

Full said...

Lynn, you should be ashamed.

Rugby is an honourable game.

Footballers spend 90 mins pretending they are hurt, rugby players spend 80 mins pretending they aren't.

Vic said...

I used to work for a meat wholesalers who sold that brand of Roo. I was forever ripping the labels off and repacking it as it went out of date.

And bugger the wine - you need beer with it.

Full said...

Thanks for that Vic, I look forward to a bout of food poisoning on Sunday.

Lucky for me I have a good friend who runs his own brewery.

Mmmmmmm.....beer

Megan McGurk said...

Roo meat just seems wrong to me.
Sorry poor Kangas.