Monday, October 22, 2007

Rugger and stuff

Lynn asked what I thought of the rugby World Cup Final.

Well, if someone had told me six weeks ago that we would lose in the Final, I would have been happy considering all the crap people were writing and saying about the "grumpy old men" of the "washed up with no chance of progressing past the pool stages" England squad.

The best team overall in the tournament ended up winning which is the way it should be.

As for the ref and the Australian fourth official, (the one who said it wasn't a try) well there's no point whinging because it wasn't given, well played the Springboks, move on.

Oh and well played Argentina for spanking France in the 3rd - 4th place play-off on Friday evening.

Next stop for England is a new squad with hopefully a few grumpy old men still around with a sprinkling of young talent to take the Six Nations after Christmas but with an eye on New Zealand and the next World Cup in 2011.

I will be blogging on my new i-mac after next weekend if Dive can get it hooked up for me.
No more p.c. for me, I have been converted.
We had some sweary fun on Saturday and Sunday after I bought it and we couldn't get on t'internet because BT are fucking crap and only send out installation packs for p.c.'s.
Never mind, I'm sure Big Bro can get it all sorted this week end.

There is also an impending regeneration on the cards for The Monkey God.
Dr Who does this every now and again and I can feel it in my bones so watch this space.

6 comments:

dive said...

I have seen the new monkey and it is indeed Godly.
And yes, I'll get the Mac online at the weekend.
And it WAS a try, but it's too late now to do anything about it other than stuff Australia every time we play them because it was their smegging blind ref.
Hey ho.

Anonymous said...

Ah boys don't be too harsh on the aussie ref, after all its not our game, at least not if your a true aussie.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Thanks for answering, Full.

Oh, Dive, i thought the ref was Irish? No it's not a joke, i really thought he was lol.

A Mac is daunting, daunting. Life's hard enough with a pc but changing the whole belief system? Sounds like too much like hard work to me. They do look rather lovely though... is that enough reason?

Full said...

They do look cool Lynn but that's not the only reason.
Dive loves mac's and has now worn me down enough to buy one, so I'm hoping I now have I.T. support in the family.

The match ref was Alan Roland, a top Irish ref. The fourth official was an Aussie and he was the one who was called upon to make the decision on the try using t.v. replays.
This has been in the game for a couple of years now, it was first used in rugby league, and is only available to decide if a try has been scored. No other decisions are made using this method. It nearly always works but c'est la vie.

Kate, the ref made the call he thought was right. No blame from me, the best team won.

We all know Aussie rules rules!!

Anonymous said...

Wash your mouth out Full. Aussie rules is aerial ping pong for stuck up Melbourne types.

david mcmahon said...

I just thought it was amazing that it was a try-less Cup final.

Good on the Boks, but England have a title and a runner's up medal from two World Cup finals - which is still a good effort.

Have faith in your boys ....

We have faith in our Wallabies.