Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Two down, one to go......

On the 15th of April this year I was at Twickenham to see Leicester Tigers play Ospreys in the EDF Cup Final.
A fantastic game which we won after a tough second half.

Last Saturday I was at Twickers again for the Guinness Premiership Final against Gloucester.
Both teams finished the season on 71 points but Gloucester were placed top as they had one more win than us.
We actually got 72 points but were penalised a point for fielding a player before he was eligible. (silly buggers).

This was set to be a hard fought final as we had lost scrum half Harry Ellis, one of our key players, in the semi-final the previous week end.

Below we find the boys having a warm up before getting into it.



We were down by 3 points after 5 minutes and a shaky start but then got it together and just blew Gloucester away.
Awesome is about the only way to describe it, with apologies to any Gloucester folk, they were simply no match for The Tigers on the day.
Final score Tigers 44 Gloucester 16.

It's another trophy in the cabinet, fireworks and champagne and a quick celebration before next Sunday.
We are again at Twickenham in the European Cup Final. I have to satisfy myself with watching on T.V. as I was too late to get tickets for this one.
The first all English European Cup Final against our old enemy London Wasps.
Keep all your bits crossed for me on Sunday and you should hear the cheers if we win.
No team has ever won the treble so no pressure !!!!!

8 comments:

Sassy Sundry said...

Hope it goes well, whatever it is.

dive said...

I'll be there.
I'll bring beer.
Sassy: it's thirty hunky men wearing very little, tearing at one anothers' clothes.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

blew Gloucester away? Grr.

Uh, Dive? Where is this shindig again then? ...

Full said...

It's at Twickers Lynn.

Sorry about the Gloucester thing but I was there and I can only tell it like it was.

Sassy, imagine American football but without the girlie padding, poncing about, high fives and hype.
Oh and it's a mans game.

You sure that wasn't a George Michael gig Bro?

Bring beer and be at my place for lunch if you want feeding before the game.

Sassy Sundry said...

Ah, I get it now. There were just way too many terms.

Funny, my sister lives in Gloucester, Massachusetts. I don't like the idea of them being defeated.

Full said...

Had The Tigers not made the final, I was intending to cheer for Gloucester because they deserved to be there based on this seasons performances.

Early night tonight for you young Sassy.

GG said...

Go Tigers!

I follow the Tigers in Aussie Rules and Japanese baseball, so I may as well jump on the Tiges bandwagon in the UK.

Full said...

Thanks GG, I can get Aussie rules footie on Sky TV over here so I will keep my eye out for the Tigers down under.