Saturday, May 19, 2007

My Babies

Some people put pictures of their babies on their blogs, some people describe their work or their passion or their hobbies.

For me it's all the same.

I started out 30 years ago as an "old lag" mechanic who had to learn how to paint cars because nobody else could be arsed, and someone had to do it.

I'm now Senior Process Engineer responsible for main colour application, critical process, and all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering regarding body and paint.
(Yes, I get paid to watch paint dry).

I also love my job, although it drives me crazy sometimes, so I thought I would post a few pictures of some of the "out of hours" stuff I get involved in along with 4 or 5 of my fellow lunatic colleagues when we are not focused on production.

This is a carbon race car which two of us had to prepare and paint with the usual ample planned timescale, ("you got 4 days cos we have to get it to the docks next Tuesday")!!!

We love the Motor sport guys.


It was a lot of fun although the panels were pretty crap from the tooling but four 16 hour days later we were finished. The car got built, photographed and on the boat bang on time.




Nice ass don't you think.
I'll put some more on soon but it's the rugby final tomorrow so that comes first.

4 comments:

Sassy Sundry said...

Now I can comment.

What an interesting job... Funny where life leads us, eh?

Full said...

Yes, sorry about the comments thing. Something got switched off somehow, no too sure how but as Big Bro says, "Fuck That" It's sorted out now.

dive said...

Sex on wheels …
I waaaaaaaaaaaaannnt one!

Full said...

Sorry Bro, we only made one of these for a very rich Malaysian geezer. He does race it though.