Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rain?

It's Bank Holiday weekend again and the forecast is chilly and wet.

Now I'm not going to go banging on about "it always rains on Bank Holiday" because I don't really care what the weather is like. If it rains I have stuff to do inside, and if it's fine then I have to finish re-building the stream which which runs into my pond, and wash the car and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Anyway, it rained a bit yesterday afternoon and I kind of liked the way the water formed on the irises in the pond, so here are a couple of piccies.

The blue one flowered for the first time this year. A nice supprise as I thought they were all yellow.

Got a new Japanese koi last week, he's called Bob, and was in hiding with all the other Bob's when I took these.

7 comments:

John said...

No rain; sunburn weather up here:

http://www.silversprite.com/?p=316

Full said...

Welcome Silversprite. Fantastic pictures of the islands on your site.
I found you on Google Earth and can only wonder at how clear it must also be at night up there.

I will spare a thought for you guys next time I see a forecast.

GG said...

Lovely photos, Full. It's so nice to see splashes of colour, because I am surrounded by endless grey concrete every day.
Hope the new koi doesn't live up to his name...

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Nice shots of the Iris plants. Let it rain

Sassy Sundry said...

It was lovely here. Hot and sunny.

Lovely flowers.

dive said...

Flowers?
Beer, rugby. cars and abusing Belgium; that's what you blog about.
Flowers?

Full said...

It was supposed to show the way the water formed on the plants surfaces, not just flowers.

I better get back to the standard stuff then.

Scrum time.....Crouch, touch, pause, ENGAGE !!!