Monday, June 02, 2008

Up Close and Personal

I couldn't believe it when I nipped over to Lynn's site this evening and found that she had taken some pictures of the poppies in her garden.
I took a few shots at Mum's on Sunday and some from my garden on Saturday, which proves that great minds think alike.

I thought it might be a good chance to try out the macro capability of my camera, so here are some garden flowers which may be overlooked by most.


Moss needs flowers too.

Thyme flowers are nice in a salad but clear out the spiders first.


This is the pot that the thyme is in.


Complete with lichen flowers.


I think the macro works just fine.

7 comments:

dive said...

Sex, sex, sex!
Is that all you young people ever think about?
I'm sure that poppy's parents will be just delighted that its sex parts are all over the internet.
You kids … Huh!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Indeed, Dive. Your brother and i have just one thing on our minds....


These are great pics Full. Your camera is fab and far superior to mine. I'm green.

Full said...

At least both sets of privates are on show Bro. No discrimination here.

Thank you Lynn, I need all the help I can get and it took me long enough to decide on the damn thing.
I want to play with all the stuff it can do but there are 250ish pages in the manual so HELLLLPPPPP.
You can't be green, I've seen how talented you are.

I'm a drummer at heart and we can only have one thing on our minds as there isn't too much room for anything else.

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I planted some poppies this year for the first time. I have always loved them but never remembered to plant any until now. I can't wait.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

You seem to be doing marvellously Full with the new camera so i wouldn't be too obsessed with the instruction booklet. You'll probably find that two thirds of it is in other languages anyway. Large chunks of indecipherable Japanese. Chuck it over to Dive for his coffee break.

I wonder if you and i could synchronise our minds again for a post? Let's see tomorrow. he he.

MmeBenaut said...

It certainly does! Beautiful photos Full. This is my first visit but clearly I should have looked long before this. So, hello Dive's brother!

Full said...

Enchanté Mme