Monday, June 04, 2007

Mmmmmmmmmmm Beer

Spent the week end with an old work colleague who chucked in the rat race last year and opened his own brewery.

It's in a small converted out-building next to the old farmhouse he bought with his partner Rachel.

They have worked bloody hard since the middle of last year to get the business going and work on the house, so I thought I would offer my services for a bit of painting/moral support and so I could pinch some of his flints for the stream in my garden.

This is the church across the field which he uses as his logo (see wrought iron sign above). The vicar is a good customer!


So I spent the weekend staining and waxing oak beams, painting, building cupboards, eating nice food and drinking excellent beer at the village pub. Yes it came from Marks Brewery.

No time this week end but I hope to give him a hand with a brew some time soon which will be great. Finding out how the flavours are developed and the chemistry/alchemy which turns hops, yeast, sugar and his own underground spring water, along with some eye of newt and wing of bat etc into beer. Mmmmmmmmmm.

6 comments:

dive said...

Hey! I've finished my last (totally excellent) bottle.
I'll be round at the weekend for some more.

And hey, guys! Full is a birthday boy on Friday!

Anonymous said...

I wanna come too! Happy B-Day on Friday in case I miss it! We Geminis are wonderful!

Sassy Sundry said...

So... Will you mail me some beer, O Great and Powerful Monkey God?

I'll get you something nice for your birthday.

Full said...

Not too sure about exporting or how "real ale" would be received in the U.S. but I will post some beer piccies if Dive is over at the weekend.

You can use your very fertile imaginations regards the taste but it is very nice.

As for birthdays, being a Deity means they are pretty much obsolete but prudence is right about Geminis.

Would love to get you all round but I suppose we could have a blog party and post various buffet snacks and cakes with fizzy pop and hats etc. or maybe let's just pretend I'm not any older.

Scout said...

Yep, we Geminis are wonderful!

Sassy Sundry said...

Virgos are better, I'm afraid, but Happy, Happy Birthday!