Sunday, March 04, 2007

Off to the Land of The Phelgms... or are they The Flemmish?

Just a quickie to say I will be bloody glad to get away in the morning for a rest!

Busy time trying to fit in everything I have to do on a normal weekend into Sunday morning as I spent Saturday on a boat trying to catch some pike, and I did,.........which was nice!

Today I had to go to work, pick up a pool car, load all the crap I need for a week of testing in Belgium, get to my mates brewery by 13:00 for his opening festivities and curse the bloody rain.
Why rain today? Mark the brewer gives his used hops to a farmer from down the lane, who in turn feeds it to his piggies. (pigs love hops) The farmer donated one of said piggies in order to have a hog roast for today.
We ate the pig which ate the hops which made the beer. Mmmmmmmmmmm.
There were also some Morris dancers (sill buggers who wear bells, wave hankies around, hit each other with sticks and jump up and down) they also like real ale so that makes it o.k. and lots of free food and beer. Guess who was driving?
Picked up a couple of boxes of bottled beer for home sampling and split them with big bro as he needs his liquids to re-hydrate after his encounters with an exercise bike.
Eventually got home around 15:30, just in time to finish off the washing, then do the ironing, tidy the house in case I get burgled, (I wouldn't want them to rob a messy house), cook dinner, pack and set the alarm for 04:30 tomorrow.

I will try to get some piccies and have an adventure and solve a mystery (darn, I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids) and come home on Friday laden with french wine and Belgian chocolates. I'm sure I will have lots of friends on Monday.

5 comments:

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

You certainly will have extra friends Full. If i were in your area, i'd be knocking on your door asking for a screw. Driver. I mean, to borrow something. Oh dear. Just so i could have a piece of chocolate i mean. Well. Anyway. Have a good trip. To Japan.

Sassy Sundry said...

Have (cough) fun (wheeze).

I prefer to say Belgish.

dive said...

Watch out for that Tintin bloke. And Jean Claude Van Damme … And Plastique Bertrand …
My oh my, what a contribution Belgium has made to world culture …

At least they have the carrot museum.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

and the fabulous painter Magritte, Dive... sigh...

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

What's all this then, they don't have internet in Belgium? We want details of how much choc you're scoffing.